Thursday 6 August 2009

My virtual friend

I have a virtual friend. He knows who he is. He is very sweet, very lovely and very talented and he likes a whiskey mac. He used to paint walls and introduce new loo seats to people’s lives, but finally his talent has been recognized and hopefully he will hang up his painting/loo seat changing clothes for good. He makes wonderful music that has illuminated my life over the past year and he is up for a big, shiny prize. Whether he wins or not is irrelevant. His talent has finally been recognized and he should take the kind of confidence that comes with being nominated for a big prize, wear it for a while and then march confidently to where he wants to go next. His dream is to go through passport control, to be frisked because he is a musician, and then to walk through customs with his head held high. One day I will share a whiskey mac with him and be his real friend. But in the meantime, I am so very happy that everyone loves his music as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment