Thursday 6 August 2009

Pure Love

Now I’ve started there’s no stopping me. Food.

God, I could talk and write and write and talk and dream about food all the time. But I have to control myself.

Let’s have a recipe.

Usually I’m a three ingredient kind of girl.

This time I’m pushing the boat out and it’s two. That’s right. Two ingredients. Follow them to the letter and you will have grown adults falling at your feet. Trust me.

Take one pot of Green and Black’s Organic Vanilla, Caramel and Nut Ice Cream. Take one bottle of Gutierrez Colosia Pedro Ximenez Muy Dulce Sherry. Put two scoops of the ice cream in a lovely glass bowl (it's really so much better in a glass dish as you get to see the contrast of colours), pour a shot of sherry over the top and fall into a swoon. Really. It’s one of those experiences that makes you believe in magic. Not that I don’t already. But if you are feeling a bit cynical and fed up, please try this. Alchemy.

Don’t compromise on the ingredients. If you are a three ingredient type of person, you may add a shot of espresso to the ensemble. But only if you really feel the need.

If you don't have glass bowls, go on ebay and pick some up really cheaply. That's where I get most of my glass from.

No comments:

Post a Comment