Monday 7 September 2009

Silt

There is honesty in my house. It is as beautiful and as delicate as mother-of-pearl and semi-transparent, just like honesty usually is.

My chilli plants are pushing out lots of new flowers to make lots of lovely hot cherry bombs. But I’m concerned there won’t be enough heat to entice the fruit to develop fully. So I have just ordered enough seasoned logs to last through the winter. The warmth and heat from real wood, plus the smell, is truly wonderful and I’m sure my hot little peppers will like it too. I have a super-efficient new Danish log burning stove embedded in my bee hive fireplace and I can’t wait to watch the flames lick against the glass and warm the cockles of my heart.

I fell in the lake yesterday trying to rescue Zelda’s remote controlled speed boat. I usually end up in the water at some stage. I think I shall die drowning. I have had dreams about drowning all my life. I was always falling in the water throughout my childhood on my step-father’s boat. One moment I would be sitting on the top of the boat engrossed in my book and the next I would be in the river holding the book out of the water desperate for it to stay dry, calling out ‘Wait For Me!’. Luckily I haven't yet got entangled in the blades.

The bottom of the lake is very silty and I had silt in my knickers and silt in my hair. I was wearing an old but lovely Pierre Cardin dress to go down to the lake and it was covered in the ash grey matter but it has washed up well and the silt seems to have been removed from all the other places it visited. I felt sorry for the ghost carp. It must have been an awful sight for them seeing their beloved silt, which is where they sleep and dream, disappearing down someone’s knickers.

Another really delicious recipe with just three ingredients:

Take some lovely, small, ripe strawberries
Cut off their green bits and slice them in half
Put them in a glass bowl
Add some creamy natural yoghurt in big dollops on top
Drizzle over some amber maple syrup.

You really will be amazed. Maple syrup is my secret ingredient. It’s smoky, sweet, sharp and gorgeous. Please try it if you’re not already addicted. You can put it on literally anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment